RockBot6 Development release info
You can now get functional (but unfinished) releases of RockBot 6 to try and use.
Since most of the help and online informatin is not yet updated, check out this
page for information on using RB6 before reporting bugs.
NOTE:Rockbot is now using the SourceForge Project tools.
This means that on the RockBot SourceForge site you will find up to the minute version changes in CVS,
forums, mailing lists, and bug tracking/feature request areas. The sourceforge
site is likely to be more-updated then this page, so its a good idea to look there.
My Too Do List
- Help is still somewhat out of date
- Python scripting is not yet implimented
- No automated config/setup mode yet
- Several commands are not finished
- Password security still a bit raw
Install and configuration instructions
- Untar the bot. In linux you can type: tar -xzf RockBot-6.devX.tgz In other unixes you may need to un-gzip the file first. See man pages for gzip and tar (man gzip)
- Change into the RockBot6/source/ directory. Check out Makefile and config.h modify as needed.
- In the RockBot/ directory, rename the "Ender" subdirectory to something appropreate for your bot. This is the directory all your bot data files are kept. (Multiple bots can run from the same binary by creating multiple directorys!) Example: mv Ender Mybot
- Modify global.dat in your data directory. Be sure to add your hostmask as "OWNER" so the bot will know you when you get online.
- From the main RockBot/ directory, run ./RockBot DIR, where DIR is your directory name. The bot will read global.dat from that directory and connect to the servers listed there.
- Go on IRC and add yourself to the botas a BOTOWNER (/msg bot !cnu me botowner kick yes)
- You should now be recignised as the bot owner. Enjoy!